Department of Finance
We have a strong focus on service to our diverse range of customers, including taxpayers, other government agencies, people buying their first home, major construction companies and suppliers to government.
The Department of Finance was created on 1 July 2011 from the previous Department of Treasury and Finance and comprises of several businesses:
- Building Management and Works is responsible for the construction of government buildings such as hospitals, schools and police stations; the maintenance of government buildings; the management of the government’s office portfolio; and the administration of a range of heritage and built environment matters.
- Government Procurement leads the buying function at a whole-of-government level, providing-value-for-money outcomes for government through goods, services and human services procurement.
- The State Revenue business is dedicated to the administration of revenue, grant and subsidy schemes for community benefit.
- Public Utilities Office leads the provision of advice to government on essential utility services with a focus on energy, to benefit the community and business.
- Economic Reform aims to drive best regulatory practice and be a leading catalyst for competition and productivity improvements across Western Australia.